Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- The auditorium of Rish International School is huge, various events are held in the auditorium.
- Students sitting in the hall are distracted by heat exhaustion. The students had to face the problem related to heat.
- The climate in Chennai is hot and humid even on a normal day. So it is very important that the air movement should be right.
- School Officials decided to install epoch HVLS fans to allow high air movement in the hall at very low noise.
- Epoch 3.0, 24-ft Fan was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 3.0;
- Coverage Area: 30000 Sq. Ft. (2787 Sq. m);
- Speed: 62 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.5kW/2 hp;
- Epoch 3.0, 24 ft fans are most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 100 Ft X 50 Ft = 5,000 Sq. ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 35 to 40 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 24-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 22, 32, 42, 52 and 62 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 118, 188, 390, 720, 1120 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 22, 32, 42, 52 and 62 RPM. Input current is recorded as 0.57, 0.92, 1.93, 3.15, and 5.09A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 27-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 276, 293, 390, 460, 480, 492, 417, 391, and 336 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24, and 27-ft respectively.
This is the picture of the finished installation.