Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- Voltas Limited established its manufacturing facility at Sanand, Gujarat. The factory is manufacturing home appliances, including refrigerators and washing machines.
The manufacturing floor has a large shop floor area where assembly and production are done by both automated systems and workers. The shop floor includes appliances, inventory, and storage areas.
During the summer, the place is surprisingly warm even though the roof area has insulation.
The problem of humidity is the chance of severely damaging stored packaging and products.
- Controlling the temperature of the plants protects the workers as well as factory productivity.
- Epoch 2.0, 18-ft Fan was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 15000 Sq. Ft. (1393 Sq. m);
- Speed: 75 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1kW/1.5 hp;
Epoch 2.0, 18 ft diameter fan becomes most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 396 ft X 98 ft = 38,808 Sq. ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 25 to 28 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 18-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 and 75 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 96.54, 121.68, 229.8, 330.3, 499.43 and 877.53 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 and 75 RPM. Input current is recorded as 0.448, 0.625, 1.035, 1.52, 2.4 and 3.96 respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 24-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 177, 295, 354, 374, 354, 334, 295, and 236 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, and 24-ft respectively.
This is the photo of the finished installation.