Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- VECV having Eicher truck manufacturing plant at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh ,where manufacturing operations are carried out.
- In a time crunch to hit their production goals, machines work harder and longer than they normally would. Machine has less time to cool down. Over a long workday, the heat produced by running machinery builds up and slowly raises the heat on the factory floor. Factory workers have always had to deal with problems related to high temperatures.
- High temperatures in factories can increase health risks and cause trouble with equipment, both of which can reduce productivity and potentially harm factory employees. For these reasons, it’s essential to implement proper factory cooling solutions.
- Taking steps to reduce heat on the factory floor, VECV officials decide to install Epoch HVLS Fan.
- Epoch 2.0, 16-ft 03 Fans were installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 12,000 Sq. Ft. (1,114 Sq. m);
- Speed: 95 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1 kW/1.5 hp;
- Epoch 2.0, 16 ft diameter five-bladed fan is cost effective and provide massive air movement.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 250 Ft X 40 Ft = 10,000 Sq. Ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 24 to 27 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 16-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 390, 380, 690, 850, and 990 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 RPM. Input current is recorded as 1.8, 2.6, 3.0, 3.9, and 4.8 A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 27-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 216, 334, 354, 480, 492, 330, 210, 236, and 220 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, 24, and 27-ft respectively.
This is the picture of the finished installation.