Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- Stauff India Pvt Ltd is the manufacturer and supplier of pipework equipment and hydraulic components.
- The shop shed is made of steel structure, so the shop is hot and humid in summer temperatures.
- In such situation, employees have to deal with heat related issues like heat stroke, heat exhaustion and heat stress.
- Employees are not comfortable working in such situations and they are prone to illness and health problems.
- To facilitate the work environment, Staff India decided to install an HVLS fan in the shop
- Epoch 2.0, 12-ft 02 Fans was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 7,000 Sq. Ft. (650 Sq. m);
- Speed: 130 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1 kW/1.5 hp;
- Epoch 2.0, 12 ft fans are most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 157.5 Ft X 55.8 Ft = 8,788 Sq. Ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 18 to 20 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 12-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 410, 530, 680, 820, 980 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 RPM. Input current is recorded as 1.9, 2.2, 2.8, 3.6, and 4.2A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 30-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 290, 358, 433, 460, 420, 410, 354, 330, 290, and 250 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, 24, 27, and 30-ft respectively.
These are the picture of the finished installation.