Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- GAPL is inter alia engaged in the manufacture of Rectified Spirit and Extra Neutral Alcohol from grain and molasses.
- During operation, the machine generates heat which raises the air temperature of the facility.Normal domestic ceiling fans did not cover the entire shop premises. Therefore, the shop workers were not physically comfortable. They were unable to focus on their work.
- Also, the shop shed is packed on all sides, so there is no movement of air in the shed. This situation can affect shopkeepers.
- To provide relief to workers and increase productivity, the management decided to install HVLS fans in their shops. With low power consumption, HVLS fans move plenty of air to the shops and create a buzz.
- Epoch 2.0, 16-ft 04 Fans were installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 12,000 Sq. Ft. (1,114 Sq. m);
- Speed: 95 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1 kW/1.5 hp;
- Epoch 2.0, 16 ft diameter five-bladed fan is cost effective and provide massive air movement.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 115 Ft X 112 Ft = 12,880 Sq. Ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 24 to 27 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 16-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 330, 560, 670, 820, and 980 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 RPM. Input current is recorded as 0.89, 1.7, 2.9, 3.8, and 4.7 A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 30-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 370, 390, 420, 490, 520, 595, 570, 490, 310, and 290 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, 24, 27, and 30-ft respectively.
This is the picture of the finished installation.