Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- Goodfarms Milk Pvt Ltd is one of the biggest cow farms in India.
- In the summer, the production of cows automatically decreases due to increased heat in the shed. There was no air ventilation of any kind in the shed.
- Problems such as heat stress, reduction in cow's diet and low yields can occur when the shed's ambient temperature exceeds.
- Such an environment reduces the production of milk immediately which causes huge financial loss.
- Epoch 2.0, 18-ft Fan was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 15000 Sq. Ft. (1393 Sq. m);
- Speed: 75 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1kW/1.5 hp;
Epoch 2.0, 18 ft diameter fan becomes most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 118 m X 44 m = 5,192 Sq. m.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 7 to 9 m
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 18-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 45, 55, 65, 75 and 80 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 228.8, 333.3, 497.43, 877.5, 499.43, 1034.8 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 45, 55, 65, 75 and 80 RPM. Input current is recorded as 1.37, 1.53, 2.45, 3.9 and 4.75 respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 24-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 309, 293, 460.5, 516, 564,490, 525, 447, 512 and 363-ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, 24, 27 and 30-ft respectively.
This is the photo of the finished installation.