Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- Elkayem Auto Ancillaries has become a well-known Industrial Equipment Shop in Hosur where it has processing, forging, machining as well as assembly facilities. The facility itself has low insulation.
- The company realized that hot working conditions in the summer and cold conditions in the winter diminishing employee comfort levels which affects productivity.
- Also, heat, moisture, and stagnant air are the most frequently encountered problems in the production shop, which has a very negative impact on working conditions.
- The company has decided to install an industrial HVLS fan that can provide some relief in this case
- Epoch 2.0, 18-ft Fan was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 15000 Sq. Ft. (1393 Sq. m);
- Speed: 75 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1kW/1.5 hp;
Epoch 2.0, 18 ft diameter fan becomes most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 150 ft X 60 ft = 9,000 Sq. ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 25 to 28 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 18-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 35, 45, 55, 65 and 75 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 280, 330, 499, 877, and 1020 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 35, 45, 55, 65 and 75 RPM. Input current is recorded as 0.42, 1.35, 2.4, 3.96, and 4.7 A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 27-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 216, 236, 452, 551, 689, 590, 452, and 346 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, and 24-ft respectively.
This is the video of the finished installation.