Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- Eaton power Quality is home of UPS, power suppression and production, and power management products. The plant is located at Pondicherry.
- In summer days, temperature in shop makes employees highly discomfort. Also due to atmospheric temperature machineries get overheated, so the person working on machine unable to work.
- The plant shop lacked proper ventilation, so the air movement is not appropriate.
- To get air movement in proper way, the management decided to install HVLS fans in the shop so that, the air ventilation in the shop becomes better. So that person working in the shop becomes comfortable.
- Epoch 2.0, 12-ft 14 Fans was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 7,000 Sq. Ft. (650 Sq. m);
- Speed: 130 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1 kW/1.5 hp;
- Epoch 2.0, 12 ft fans are most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 90 Ft X 62 Ft = 5,580 Sq. Ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 14 to 16 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 12-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 400, 500, 690, 810, 990 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 RPM. Input current is recorded as 1.6, 2.2, 3, 3.8, and 4.3A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 24-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 190, 330, 460, 433, 410, 354, 310, and 290 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, and 24-ft respectively.
These are the picture of the finished installation.