BIC Cello India Pvt Ltd, Gujarat, India
A Case Study : Epoch HVLS 24-ft Fan By Falco EMotors Inc.
Report No. 032520-02
Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- BIC cello is manufacturer of writing instruments and they have more working people in the assembly area and retails store area.
- There is no air movement as more workers work so the temperature rises, so the workers working in this area did not feels comfortable.
- Due to such working atmosphere, productivity of the employees reduces, which affects industry’s growth.
- As the air comfort is very important factor, branch head tried to make area air comfortable so that workers working in that area work with better efficiency.
- Epoch 3.0, 24-ft 05 Fans were installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 3.0;
- Coverage Area: 30,000 Sq. Ft. (2,787 Sq. m);
- Speed: 62 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.5 kW/2 hp;
- Epoch 3.0, 24 ft fans are most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 393 Ft X 98 Ft = 38,514 Sq. ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 35 to 40 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 24-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 12, 23, 32, 42, 52 and 62 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 81, 118, 188, 390, 720, 1152 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 12, 23, 32, 42, 52 and 62 RPM. Input current is recorded as 0.404, 0.57, 0.92, 1.93, 3.15, and 5.11 A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 24-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 275, 295, 334, 411, 492, 413, 393, and 334 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, and 24-ft respectively.
This is the picture of the finished installation.