Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- Astra concrete product is the manufacturer of the concrete spacer which is used for the building. The production facility having mixers and specific machinery in which electric motors are applied.
- During operation, the machine generates heat which raises the air temperature of the facility.
- Excessive heat and humidity on the shop floor result in reduced productivity.
- Epoch 2.0, 16-ft Fan were installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 12,000 Sq. Ft. (1,114 Sq. m);
- Speed: 95 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1 kW/1.5 hp;
- Epoch 2.0, 16 ft diameter five-bladed fan is cost effective and provide massive air movement.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 164 Ft X 49 Ft = 8,036 Sq. Ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 24 to 27 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 16-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 390, 460, 575, 790, and 940 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 RPM. Input current is recorded as 2.2, 2.8, 3.2, 3.9, and 4.6 A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 30-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 511, 531, 551, 492, 472, 492, 511, 413, 344, and 394 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, 24, 27, and 30-ft respectively.
This is the picture of the finished installation.