Saving on Electricity
Get 2 x Airflow
Lowest sound in the World
- Direct Drive PMSM Motor;
- Lowest Weight;
- Active Power Factor Corrected;
- ALUFIT manufactures a wide array of products ranging from curtain walls, unitized or semi-unitized, shop-fronts, point fixed glazing, Aluminum composite cladding to custom designed louvers, skylights, canopies and ready to install doors and window frames for the residential segment.
- Temperatures in Tamil Nadu are very high on most summer days. The shop located in Tamil Nadu suffers from air ventilation and heat stress.
- Shop technicians are distracted by heat stress and are unable to work in such ambient conditions, as well as shops that have machines whose performance is affected by high-temperature conditions.
- Also, the shop does not have an air ventilation system. In such large shops, HVAC cannot move air in the full shop area. HVAC systems are very expensive and the energy consumption using HVAC systems is also very high.
- Epoch 2.0, 24-ft 02 Fans were installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 25,000 Sq. Ft. (2,323 Sq. m);
- Speed: 52 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1 kW/1.5 hp;
- Epoch 2.0, 24 ft fans are most popular with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 60 m X 35 Ft = 2,100 Sq. m.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 35 to 40 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 24-ft fan.
Fans and coverage area
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
Power Consumption Report
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 18, 28, 38, 48, RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 560, 690, 810 and 960 W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current Report
The input current is also measured at 18, 28, 38, and 48 RPM. Input current is recorded as 1.9, 2.6, 3.8, and 4.6 A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240 V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 30-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 145, 220, 349, 417, 503, 521, 454, 433, 372, and 259 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, 24, 27, and 30-ft respectively.
This is the Photo of the finished installation.