A Case Study : Epoch HVLS 16-ft Fan By Falco eMotors Inc.
Report No. 040620-03
- Astra concrete product is the manufacturer of the concrete spacer which is used for the building. The production facility having mixers and specific machinery in which electric motors are applied.
During operation, the machine generates heat which raises the air temperature of the facility.
Excessive heat and humidity on the shop floor result in reduced productivity.
- Epoch 2.0, 16-ft 03 Fans was installed with the following specifications ;
- Motor: Epoch 2.0;
- Coverage Area: 12000 Sq. Ft. (1,114 Sq. m);
- Speed: 95 RPM;
- Peak Power: 1.1kW/1.5 hp;
Epoch 2.0-16 ft diameter five-bladed fan is the best one for air circulation and it is more efficient in power consumption
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 164 ft X 49 ft = 8,036 Sq. ft.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 22 to 25 ft
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 16-ft fan.
Fan and Coverage Area:
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
- Power Consumption Report;
- Input Current Report;
- Air Flow Report.
Those reports are shown for this site:
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 55, 65, 75, 85 and 95 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 390, 460, 595, 790 and 940W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
The input current is also measured at 55, 65, 75, 85 and 95 RPM. Input current is recorded as 2.2, 2.8, 3.2, 3.9 and 4.6A respectively. The input voltage varied from 240 to 244V during the measurement.
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 30-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 511, 531, 551, 492, 472, 492, 511, 413, 344, 394 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27, and 30-ft respectively.
Estimated Yearly Savings while Using Epoch HVLS Fans
Epoch 16-ft fan was compared against Indian HVLS fan Manufacturer. Based on their data sheet, daily, monthly and yearly power consumption and costs were calculated. An Epoch HVLS fan will save the end user anywhere from $529 to $2,237 per year over any competitive brands because of its unique technology.
Above is the picture of the finished installation.