Epoch Fans 100,000 Hours Industrial Warranty
Highest Warranty (100,000 Hours/48 Years) in the World
Epoch Platforms come with the highest warranty of 100,000 hours/48 years in the World.
Here is how 100,000 hours breakdown. Assuming an eight-hour work day and 2082 working hours a year, it means the warranty will cover your operation for 48 years. If you were to run the fans 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, the warranty will last you 11.4 years.
- “100,000 hours” means a period the fan is operational, as such period is defined by FALCO, but in no event, shall this period be less than the number of hours defined under “Motor, drive, controller,” from the date that the Warranty Period commences.
- The Factory Install Warranty Period requires purchased installation by a factory-approved, FALCO certified installer and the submission of installation documentation by such installer.
- The Non-Factory Install Warranty Period, as defined above, applies to proper installations by any other state-qualified or licensed electrical contractor. The Warranty is void in its entirety if the product is installed by personnel other than a FALCO-qualified, state-qualified or licensed contractor. Warranty information provided here applies to new units only and does not pertain to refurbished units.
What is covered?
This Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship under normal use and maintenance that adversely affect the ability of the fan to operate properly when the product is installed correctly according to FALCO’s written installation instructions by a FALCO qualified or state qualified or licensed electrical contractor and operated pursuant to these instructions, and when such fans are purchased directly from FALCO or a FALCO Authorized Dealer. This Limited Warranty is subject to all provisions, conditions, limitations, and exclusions described within this document. This warranty is limited solely to products purchased directly from FALCO or from one of its authorised dealers. Under no circumstances will warranty coverage extend to products purchased through any unauthorised distribution channels.
Who is covered?
This Warranty extends to the original purchaser and subsequent owners, but only while the fan remains at the site of the original installation. This Warranty extends through the first installation of the fan and terminates if the fan is moved or reinstalled at a new location if the fan is permanently installed.
When does the Warranty Period begin?
The Warranty Period commences on the date the product is installed and is operational, or 15 days following shipment of the product, whichever date is earlier. To obtain warranty service, the customer will be required to provide documentation verifying the date the product was received and installed.
Warranty is only on against the manufacturing defect, any kind of maintenance or AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) contract are not covered under these warranty terms. Warranty will be void if payment is not made on time as per agreed payment terms. Warranty is void against any power supply malfunction or physical damage to the equipment. Liability restricted to rectification of equipment subject to cause of failure attributable to manufacturing defects only. Factory Acceptance is final acceptance. Thereafter our liability is restricted to obligations arising of warrantee
What will FALCO do?
- During the Warranty Period, FALCO will, at its option:
- Repair or replace the affected components of any defective product;
- Repair or replace the defective product; or
- Refund the price you paid for the product upon return of the product to FALCO, shipping and insurance prepaid.
- During the first 12 months of the Warranty Period, with purchase of factory installation for a commercial installation, FALCO will pay reasonable labor costs, as defined below, or repairing or replacing a defective fan or any defective components of the fan at the installation location. Alternatively, FALCO may, at its option, require return of the fan to FALCO for repair or replacement.
The foregoing constitutes your exclusive remedy and the limit of liability for FALCO, and for all losses about this product.
What steps are required to obtain warranty service?
- If the fan is operating, fan should be deactivated.
- Contact FALCO’ Technical Support Department as soon after the issue is discovered as possible by:
- Calling +91 20 69332266/55; or
- Going online to www.epochfans.com/technical-support and completing a Technical Service form; or
- Completing the Warranty Claim form and the Responsibility Agreement located in the back of the Installation Manual, and mailing the forms to FALCO Technical Support Department, A-105, H-Block, Near Morwadi Court, PIMPRI MIDC, Pune, MH – 411 018, or by faxing them to +91 020 69 33 22 66/55.
Technical Support is open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. IST, Monday–Friday, excluding major holidays. Every effort will be made to respond to all Technical Support requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Once the Technical Support Representative has received your warranty claim, a case will be processed. To process this case, please have the following information available:
- Your name, address, phone number, and installation address;
- Product brand name, serial number, purchase price, and verification of product installation or premises possession date;
- A detailed description of the problem you have experienced.
- If the Technical Support Representative determines that the warranty claim is valid and that a replacement part is required, the Representative will process the claim and the replacement part will be shipped to you. Included in the shipment of the replacement part will be any shipping labels and documents needed to return the original part, including a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number.
Note: Your receipt of the replacement part constitutes your agreement to return the failed part to FALCO within 15 days of the receipt of the replacement part delivery. If FALCO does not receive the original part, you will be invoiced for the retail cost of the replacement part, and you will be responsible for payment for the replacement part upon receipt of the invoice. FALCO reserves all rights it retains under law to collect the retail cost of the replacement part if the original is not returned as specified above.
- Obtaining service may involve contacting a contractor to remove, repair, or replace the fan, or to remove the fan and return it to us. The cost of labor incurred, for factory installed fans, to remove, repair, or reinstall the fans will be covered only during the first 12 months after the warranty becomes effective, and only pursuant to the terms of the definition of “Labor” below.
- If we ask you to ship the fan back to FALCO for repairs or replacement, we will prepay the shipping and insurance for factory installed fans during the first 12 months after the warranty becomes effective; however, you will have to repackage the fan in such a way that there is no damage to the fan in transit. You will be sent any return shipment documentation necessary to help you return the fan to FALCO. If we determine that no warrantable failure occurred or defect exists, we may invoice you for these shipping costs.
- Please be patient while we arrange for or undertake the necessary warranty service. We will provide you with regular status updates, as well as shipment dates, if appropriate until your fan is back in service.
- FALCO reserves the right to make the final determination, based on its own evaluation of the fan and all components, as to whether:
- The problem in question is the result of a defect in design, workmanship, or materials, and not a result of error, misuse, or abuse on the part of the customer as set forth under the exclusions detailed below;
- Noise heard during operation is within normal operating levels, in which case this Warranty would be inapplicable. Note: Certain electrical, motor, or other operating noise may be impossible to eliminate due to the fan design and/or site conditions. Dissatisfaction with normal operating noise levels is not covered by this Warranty, and return of any fans for this reason will be subject to FALCO’s Return Policy (see below).
- Adverse site conditions, (including, but not limited to, excessive dust, heat, humidity, unstable electric service, or any other unknown or unforeseen condition that affects the proper operation of the products) improper application, or improper installation is determined to be the basis for the failure.
- The problem or defect is material and requires action under this warranty; and
- The remedy of repair, replacement, or refund is appropriate.
- If FALCO determines, in its sole discretion, that the appropriate remedy under the Warranty is a refund, the refund amount will be limited to the price paid by the customer for the product alone, and under no circumstances will it include the cost of labor, shipping, handling, packaging, or any other incidental or consequential costs incurred or anticipated by the customer.
- With respect to replacement or repair rendered, FALCO reserves the right to use replacement parts that are refurbished. FALCO warrants that the parts replaced or repaired, whether they have been refurbished or are original equipment, will operate properly and be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of shipment to the customer, or for the remainder of the original warranty period, whichever is longer.
- A service fee, parts replacement fee, and shipping charges may be imposed if any fan is returned for warranty service that is missing components or that has been modified in any way. Such fees and charges will vary based upon the actual material and labor costs necessary to replace missing or modified parts and to return the fan to its original factory condition.
Returns must be received within 30 days of shipment. The customer will be responsible for return freight charges. A restocking fee of 25% for unopened boxes and 50% for opened boxes applies to all returns.
What is not covered (exclusions)?
- Units purchased and used outside India and its territories
- Units purchased from any entity other than FALCO or a FALCO Factory Authorized Dealer.
- Units or components where the serial number or part number sticker has been removed or defaced.
- Defects, malfunctions, failure or physical damage caused by unauthorized service/parts and improper installation, adverse site conditions (including, but not limited to, excessive heat, dust or humidity, unstable electric service, or any other unknown or unforeseen condition that affects the proper operation of the products), mishandling, modifications, or damage while in your possession including failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, which shall include, but not be limited to:
- Failure to follow the required installation procedures specified in the FALCO-supplied Installation Manual and in all other documentation supplied with the fans and related equipment;
- Failure to follow all relevant codes and ordinances including, but not limited to, any applicable electric codes or similar codes and other jurisdictional (including provinces and localities) local building codes;
- Failure to follow electrical engineering industry standards regarding the approved method of installing solid-state electrical equipment having the characteristics of the fan, the fan control, and their related components, even if such standards are not specifically referenced in any instructions or literature supplied by FALCO;
- Failure to use properly all installation and mounting hardware supplied or approved by FALCO;
ATTENTION: Under no circumstances will FALCO be responsible for remedial work necessary to correct installation procedures by others that do not conform to those established by the instructions, codes, and standards described under items above.
- Any modification or alteration of, or adjustment to the fans, fan control, and/or mounting and installation hardware and/or any disassembly of the major components of the fans and fan controls for any purpose whatsoever, including any attempt to diagnose and/or repair any problem, without prior written authorization from FALCO’s Technical Support Department;
- Misuse, abuse, accidents, unreasonable use, or Acts of God;
- Incorrect electric current, voltage, or supply;
- Failure to use fan controls supplied by FALCO unless:
- FALCO’s Technical Support Department has provided written permission prior to installation; and
- The fan controls are built, operated, and maintained according to specifications provided to and approved by FALCO’s Technical Support Department.
- Failure to perform periodic maintenance as detailed in the FALCO-supplied Installation Manual.
- Consequential or incidental damages sustained by any person, entity, or structure because of any breach of these warranties, except where such damages may not be excluded by law.
- Claims made for products that have not been paid for in full.
- Damage caused by premises structural defects, structural movement or settlement, exposure to chemicals, salt water, acid rain or other corrosive elements, excessive humidity, and/or wind.
- Normal changes to the finish caused by ordinary use or damage to non-factory applied finishes.
- Damage or failure caused by subjection of the product to conditions outside its design limitations.
- Defects reported more than 90 days from when they were discovered or should have been discovered.
- About electrical and electronic components provided by FALCO that comprise part of the products, including motors, motor drives, and other components, FALCO relies on the determination by the engineers as to whether the failure of such component was the result of a defect. If the engineers determine that there was no defect, FALCO will not warranty such item unless FALCO determines that the failure of such electrical or electronic component was the result of a defect of design, workmanship, or material within some other part of the products.
- “Labour” shall mean on-site technical service provided by FALCO during the first year that the product is in service. At FALCO sole discretion, this may be employees of FALCO or qualified technicians contracted by FALCO. FALCO will not reimburse customers or independent contractors without prior written approval from FALCO. Reimbursement will be limited to the FALCO customer in whose building the product(s) are installed of all reasonable cost paid by the customer to an independent contractor employed to remove, dismantle, reassemble, or reinstall any of the warrantied products during the first year that the product is in service. FALCO may request proof of payment by the customer to the independent contractor of all the charges, and will reimburse the customer only to the extent of those charges that are determined by FALCO, in its sole discretion, to be reasonable and necessary under the circumstances. Under no circumstances will labor apply to:
- Residential installations; and
- Installations where the product has been moved after its initial installation, unless not permanently installed (portable), or where any of the other warranty exclusions apply.
- “Operate properly” applies to mechanical, electrical, and structural functions only. No guarantee, unless and except by separate written agreement, is made regarding the dimensions or air movement generated or the appropriateness of the effectiveness of any product for its intended purpose or for the customer’s application.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES ON FALCO’S PART, AND FALCO NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER LIABILITY ABOUT THE SALE OF THE PRODUCTS. NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF ANY OTHER KIND, WHETHER SIMILAR IN NATURE TO ANY PREVIOUSLY SPECIFIED, SHALL EXIST WITH RESPECT TO SUCH PRODUCTS, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES BEING HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY FALCO AND WAIVED BY CUSTOMER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FALCO COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OF REPAIR, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ABOUT THE USE, SALE, OR REPAIR OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM FALCO, UNLESS SUCH DAMAGES CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.
FALCO reserves the right to change this warranty at any time without notice.
For further info please send mail to EpochFans@falcoemotors.com