A Case Study Epoch HVLS Fan By Falco eMotors Inc.
Report No. 032520 - 02
- BIC cello is manufacturer of writing instruments and they have more working people in the assembly area and retails store area.
- There is no air movement as more workers work so the temperature rises, so the workers working in this area did not feels comfortable.
- Due to such working atmosphere, productivity of the employees reduces, which affects industry’s growth.
- As the air comfort is very important factor, branch head tried to make area air comfortable so that workers working in that area work with better efficiency.
Epoch 3.0, 24-ft Fan 05 nos was installed with the following specifications ;
Motor: Epoch 3.0;
Coverage Area: 30,000 Sq. Ft. (1,393 Sq. m);
Speed: 62 RPM;
Peak Power: 1.5kW/2.0 hp;
- Epoch 3.0, 24-ft Fan is one of our most popular fans with amazing airflow and airflow efficiency.
A site survey is mandatory before any HVLS fan recommendation. The survey revealed the following dimensions:
- Total Area: 393.7 Ft X 98.4 Ft = 38,740 Sq. m.
- Floor to Ceiling Distance: 35 to 40 ft,
- By a rule of thumb distance/1.5 gives us the approximate fan diameter.
- In this case, we chose to go with a 24-ft fan.
Fan and Coverage Area Slide Needed:
Power Consumption Report:
Three test reports are collected for each fan installation as follows:
- Power Consumption Report;
- Input Current Report;
- Air Flow Report.
Those reports are shown for this site:
Power consumption report captures the real as well as apparent power. Epoch HVLS fans are the only fans in the world to have active power factor correction and unity power factor. Therefore the Watts (Real Power) and VARs (the apparent power) are almost the same. The power has been captured at 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 and 62 RPM. Power drawn at those speeds are 80, 118, 188, 389, 720, 1152W respectively. The chart above also shows trend lines generated using Excel for real and apparent power to take into account any measurement errors as fan power consumption can be modeled by well known equations.
Input Current @240V, 1-Phase Input:
The input current is also measured at 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 and 62 RPM. Input current is recorded as 0.40, 0.57, 0.92, 1.93, 3.15, and 5.11A respectively. The input voltage varied from 230 to 240V during the measurement.
Air Flow Report:
The airflow is measured from the center of the fan and is recorded at every 3-ft distance. Values were recorded upto 24-ft from the center of the fan. The values were respectively, 275, 295, 334, 411, 492, 413, 393, 334 ft/min at distances of 3,6,9,12,15,18,21, and 24-ft respectively.
Estimated Yearly Savings (USD):
Epoch 24-ft fan was compared against Indian HVLS fan Manufacturer. Based on their data sheet, daily, monthly and yearly power consumption and costs were calculated. An Epoch HVLS fan will save the end user anywhere from $1,176 to $10,317 per year over any competitive brands because of its unique technology.